Welcome to Juneau County!

Small Claims, Eviction, & Replevin

Small Claims


  • Claims for Money: where the amount is $10,000 or less
  • Claims for tort/personal injury: where the amount claimed is $5,000 or less
  • Claims for eviction: regardless of the amount of rent claimed.
  • Return of earnest money for purchase of real property
  • Action on an arbitration award for the purchase of real property
  • Eviction action due to foreclosure
You can start a small claim electronically.
or follow Basic Guide to Wisconsin Small Claims Action 

I've been served (Defendant) and don't agree:
Filing an Answer to Small Claims Action

Or have more questions:
A Small Claims action has been filed against you. The matter has been set for initial appearance (return date) before the Court Commissioner [§799.206] on the date and time specified in the Summons. If the issues are contested and not resolved, the case will be set for a trial.

Settlement may be made to the plaintiff prior to the return date or trial date. If settlement is offered, remember that the plaintiff is entitled to the costs of bringing the action. Payment cannot be made to the Court.

A defendant may file a written answer in lieu of a personal appearance. Such an answer must be filed at least 48 hours before the return date and time. Failure to appear in person or filing a written answer may result in a default judgment being entered against you according to the claim filed plus costs approved by the court.

If you have any questions regarding this matter or want to settle, please contact the attorney or plaintiff listed under complaint.

Coming to Court:
If you need to appear (not a return date or adjourned return date), be sure you come prepared. Bring all necessary witnesses and documents to present your case, as the judge will make a decision from your testimony and evidence. All evidence is retained by the court. 

I won my case
Steps to collecting judgment SC6090V.
If no judgment has been collected you should receive from the debtor a Financial Disclosure. The court does not collect or receive this document from either party.

Reopen the Case:
If you want to reopen your case you will need the following forms,  SC-515A and SC-515B 

How to satisfy the Judgment
The creditor needs to complete this form. Debtor then files at the Clerk of Courts along with a $5.00 filing fee.
Instructions to satisfy a bankruptcy judgment.

Garnishment Relief Project

For more detailed information follow this link.

Contact the Small Claims Clerk.

The Clerk of Court and staff are NOT allowed to give legal advice.