Welcome to Juneau County!

Substance Use Treatment

If you are a Juneau County resident and have been convicted of an OWI (operating while intoxicated), you will need to complete an Intoxicated Driver Program Assessment.

As a service to Juneau County residents, our Substance Abuse Counselors offer a variety of services to assist you in reaching your personal substance use goals. These services are available at a reasonable cost. If not covered by insurance or health plans, a sliding fee scale is used based on a person’s ability to pay. We offer
  • Chemical Use and Court-ordered Assessments for adults and adolescents.
  • Individual counseling for adults and adolescents.
  • Assistance in locating residential treatment programs, traditional housing, and aftercare services.
  • Community prevention and educational services.
  • Assistance in finding local support groups such as Alcoholics Anonymous, Narcotics Anonymous, and Al Anon meetings.
  • Referrals to county mental health services such as individual psychotherapy or psychiatry, if warranted.
  • Education for family members and concerned others in order to better understand addiction and substance abuse.
To receive alcohol and other drug abuse services, complete appropriate pre-intake form.
Printed pre-intake can be dropped off in-person or mailed to
Juneau County Department of Human Services
Attn: Intake/Records
200 Hickory Street
Mauston, WI 53948

AODA red ribbonAODA/IDP Brochure
WI DHS Substance Use Disorders
National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism (NIAAA)
Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services (SAMHSA)