Welcome to Juneau County!

Economic Support

Economic Support programs are intended to assist people who are unemployed, disabled, have low income, or are experiencing other economic hardships by assisting individuals and families with obtaining benefits. If you'd like more information or to apply, you can

Go online https://access.wisconsin.gov/access/

Call the Capital Consortium 1-888-794-5556

Stop in-person at Juneau County Services. Office hours are Monday through Friday, 8:00am to 4:30pm

BadgerCare Plus
A health care program to help low-income children, pregnant people, and adults in Wisconsin.

To help people of all ages who have low-income jobs, live on a small or fixed income, are retired, have lost their job, or are disabled and cannot work.

A joint federal and state program that helps Wisconsin residents get high-quality health care coverage, long-term care, and other services that promote physical and mental health and well-being.

WI Shares
Child care subsidy program that invests in eligible working families to make quality child care more accessible and affordable. 

Caretaker Supplement
A cash benefit for parents who get Supplemental Security Income (SSI) payments and who meet program rules.

More Resources


Request for Fair Hearing
You have the right to a fair hearing. If your benefits are denied, reduced, or ended, and you disagree, the fair hearing process may be used to have the decision reviewed. To ask for a hearing, a completed Request For Fair Hearing form can be faxed to 608-264-9885 or mailed to:
Division of Hearings and Appeals
PO Box 7875
Madison, WI 53707-7875

FoodShare: Spending Your Benefits
Why are purchase amounts adjusted?
Sometimes the amount you paid with your FoodShare benefits may need to be adjusted for an error. This adjustment doesn’t happen often. If an adjustment is needed, you will get a letter in the mail. The letter will explain why the adjustment is needed and how to file for a fair hearing. If you don’t agree, you will have 15 calendar days from the date of the letter to file for a hearing. The amount of the adjustment may stay in your account until a decision is made after the hearing.

If you suspect someone is committing or has committed fraud or abuse of a Wisconsin Department of Health Services program and would like to file a complaint, please call 877-865-3432 or report online.